Thursday, August 6, 2015

Easy Peach Cobbler Dump Cake


Easy Peach Cobbler


There are some people who can go into a kitchen with four ingredients and whip out a 12 course meal.  These people are the culinary equivalent of MacGyver.

I am here to tell you now that I am NOT that person.  When I go into a kitchen I'd much rather have a frozen dinner to stick in the microwave.  But sometimes I want something different, and that means cooking.

So, when I decided I wanted a peach cobbler I decided to try to find the easiest way to make it ever.  But it couldn't just be easy.  It had to be easy and taste good.

I found an easy peach cobbler, but its not exactly a peach cobbler. It is something even more amazing called a dump cake.  You take 4 ingredients and dump them together and something amazingly yummy comes out.

Below I'm going to walk you step by step through how to make this dreamy dessert.

Easy Peach Cobbler Dump Cake


INGREDIENTS

 1 box of yellow cake mix
2 cans of peaches
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
cinnamon (optional)

STEP 1

Preheat the oven to 350.


 While preheating open the cans of peaches and dump them, juice and all, into your 9x12 baking dish 
If you wish to cut the peaches into smaller size you can, but do not have to.

STEP 2

 
Open your yellow cake mix and dump it on top of your peaches.
DO NOT MIX.
It is important that the cake mix is on top, not mixed in with the peaches. 

PS: SAVE the box the cake mix came in!  We're gonna make something fun with that soon!

STEP 3


Cut your stick of butter into many, many pieces.
Scatter these pieces all over the top of your cake mix.
Get as much coverage as you can.

STEP 4


Sprinkle your brown sugar all over the top of everything.

I'll admit, I did not have half a cup of brown sugar in my house.  I used what I had, then added cinnamon.
Cinnamon is optional, but I WILL be using it ever time I make this.

STEP 5


Put your dish in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.

The butter melts down into the cake mix, while the peach juice bubbles up into the cake mix.  The crust turns out crispy and buttery and sweet.

STEP 6


Serve and enjoy!

It was pretty amazing.  I will say it was VERY buttery and VERY sweet.  I loved that, but if you are on a diet and/or diabetic this might not be the best version of peach cobbler for you.

If you would like to try other dump cakes I recommend you check out The Absolute Best Dump Cake Cookbook: More Than 60 Tasty Dump Cakes

*******

If you try this Easy Peach Cobbler Dump Cake Recipe I would love to hear what you thought about it.

Have you ever made a dump cake?  If you have any other easy dump cake recipes I would love for you to share them with me!

6 comments:

  1. I use to make all kinds of dump cakes when I worked in a restaurant years ago. The dump cakes were the most requested item on the buffet.

    Pineapple upside down dump cake
    Apple crisp dump cake
    Black forest dump cake
    Blueberry dump cake
    Mixed berry dump cake

    You name it, it was made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. Pineapple upside down dump cake sounds yummy! I might have to try that one. Crushed pineapple underneath, and sliced pineapples on top maybe.

      Delete
  2. Had to pin it...I've not made this in ages, but it's so easy and so good too...especially warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream melting over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the pin. I did fall in love with this recipe! I WILL be making it again. And maybe more. I'm wondering what strawberry with chocolate mix would taste like....

      Delete
  3. I have not tried making peach cobbler dump cake. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try it, let me know how you like it. I liked mine a lot and will make it again one day.

      Delete